1. Basement Before
2. Nursery Before
3. Bathroom Floor Before
4. Linen Closet Before
Milo’s ETA is October 20th, 2011. In February, that seemed like another lifetime. In April, it seemed like it was on the other side of a mountain. Now that August is almost here, I’m starting to feel a tiny thrill of panic every time I think that October is not near, but it is not far. As soon as school starts, it’s pretty much going to be game over.
There are an overwhelming number of projects that I’ve been wanting to finish in the house, not to mention an entire new classroom and grade level curriculum to organize and a maternity leave to prepare for. I want to balance those things special things for Ben and I: vacations, movie marathons, day trips, etc. Did I mention that we’ve mowed the front yard once and the backyard not at all for the entire spring/summer lawn care season? With work and grad classes, I’m barely keeping my head above water.
This stress is just bubbling under the surface right now; I’m actually so busy that I don’t have time to worry. I figure the best to way to tackle this is head on. I’m making a list. In fact, I’m fairly certain that I am going to majorly cheat, and my wish list for pre-Milo is going to become my pregnancy-appropriate 25-while-I’m-25 list. Here’s what I can think of so far:
1. Install painted white baseboard in the bathroom.
2. Paint bathroom existing trim and ceiling fresh white.
3. Install new vinyl tiles on bathroom floor.
4. Hold garage sale: find and sort items, clean and price, donate anything left over.
5. Revamp linen closet: install shelves, get rid of old sheets/towels, store things in a relevant way.
6. Hang nursery art.
7. Sand and stain changing table.
8. Buy and hang nursery light and nursery wall shelving.
9. Buy and install 3 new white window shades: 2 for master bedroom, 1 for bathroom.
10. Get quotes and hire a roofer to repair the roof over the front door.
11. Mow, weed, and clean the back yard; set up fire pit and chairs.
12. Family vacation to Florida.
13. Dairy bar date night with Ben.
14. Completely clean and detail car: shampoo upholstery, buy new floor mats, empty trunk and glovebox.
15. Plan and pre-purchase 12 family dates to last from November 2011-November 2012.
16. Take Penguin to the vet; take care of any follow up work and buy any prescribed meds or foods.
17. Set up and clean and organized classroom.
18. Make a plan and do a massive BJs stock up on all non-perishables.
19. Choose a pediatrician.
20. Decide on and sign up for prenatal classes.
21. Finally pick a stroller and send info to my mother-in-law.
22. Make final decisions about Ben and I’s work schedules from Milo’s arrival to my return to work.
23. Meet with human resources to figure out insurance changes.
24. Make a birth plan?
25. Get a prenatal massage.
Oh my God.