|image via weheartit.com|
The last time I wrote, I was pretty wretched. It was exactly how I was feeling at the time, and it was a big relief to get it all out. Even the hopelessness of the rambling, as pathetic as it felt to me, showed me at the end of my rope. Right where I was. Writing it broke a damn. People, in comments, but more in person, had suggestions and empathy and connections to make. Thank you for all your kindness, on the wonderful internet, and friend-to-friend.
Two Sundays later, I would rather leave the deep stuff in the depths and share a bunch of links that have been making me happy. Some I’ve already shared on Facebook or Twitter, but I like the idea of everything being rounded up in one place.
2. This website has super cheap glasses frames and a cool little uploader feature that lets you see the frames on your own face. Thanks to my fabulous sister, Laurel, for sending it my way!
3. Valentines Day is already a week in the past, but these little ecards from Kate Spade are fine for sending your love at any time of the year. I sent them to my coworkers after a week where we all needed some smiles.
4. I am really into these character hoodies. I have fun figuring out which ones I would give to the different people in my life.
5. I am often late to the game as far as viral videos are concerned. Last winter my sisters and I all became briefly obsessed with this precious video about a quirky little shell. If you’ve already seen this one million times, you’ll thank me for an excuse to watch it again.
6. I’m a Lonely Island fan forever. I was reading about Andy Sandburg in a womens magazine and they were asking him ridiculous questions about hanging out with Justin Timberlake and dream first dates. They said, “What’s the sexiest thing a woman could say to you?” and he responded with something along the lines of, “I really have only said the word sexy about 5 times in my life before this interview. I don’t know. Something like, ‘The Jerk is my favorite movie?'” So now I love Lonely Island, and him, even more. I hope you get to sing this today.
Where are you wasting your time/improving your life on the internet?